Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Great Weekend!

Brent and I had a really great weekend even though we didn't get to spend much time together. Brent is the best-man in his best friend's wedding coming up in October. Tim Payne and Kim Waddell are getting married October 10th and this weekend was the weekend for Tim's bachelor party. Saturday started with a 2-man scramble between a lot of Tim's groomsmen and friends. The rest of the day was spent hanging out with the guys, drinking beer and grilling burgers out near West.
Since I was going to be alone for the weekend, my sweet sister, Mandy, came down Friday to stay with me. Mandy cooked, cleaned, ran errands and kept me company all weekend. She even got up early and made a great breakfast for Brent and me before he left for his golf game. Thanks Mandy! We love you!
Saturday night my supper club girls, Kim (fiance to Tim), Jess and Pam came over for pizza and a movie. I can't say we paid much attention to the movie but we sure laughed a lot. At one point, Jess had me laughing so hard I was crying and I started to worry that I might start contracting again from all of the jostling in my belly. :) A girls' night of joking and laughing until I cried was exactly what I needed.
Brent's Mom and Dad brought over a delicious Sunday lunch this afternoon and after we finished eating I went to lay down in bed and Brent left to go back out to West to clean up the remains of the bachelor party. When he got back, a huge storm rolled through Hewitt and we got about 4 inches of rain in an hour. After the storm passed, Brent grilled me a burger for dinner and we have spent the rest of the evening relaxing and enjoying spending time together.
Our next appointment is tomorrow afternoon with Dr. Beaird. I have had a few contractions here and there, but nothing consistent enough to get worried about. We are looking forward to the checkup and by this Wednesday we will be one week closer to our goal, making me 30 weeks pregnant!
I will update everyone on how our appointment goes tomorrow.
Have a great night!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment