Tuesday, August 18, 2009

2 Great Appointments Today!

Mom and Dad picked me up this morning to take me to Temple for my appointment with Dr. Allen. We met Brent at the Scott & White clinic. Dr. Allen looked at each of the babies and they are growing great! All three are keeping pace with the growth of a singleton baby. Baby A is estimated to be at 2 lb 13 oz, Baby B is at 3 lbs, and Baby C is at 3 lbs 2 oz. We were very pleased with that! If my body can hold out 4-5 more weeks, we have a great chance that all three babies will be close to 5 lbs.
We also had an appointment with our Waco OB, Dr. Beaird, this afternoon. Dr. Beaird measured my cervix and it has shortened to 2.24 but isn't open at all, which is good news. He was very happy with the way the babies are looking. He received Dr. Allen's report on their growth and went over it with us. At one point, he pulled out a page of line graphs and showed it to Brent and me and said, "This may not look like anything to you, but to an Obstetrician, this is beautiful." Our "trips" are growing great and we are hanging on. Dr. Beaird did say that if I started laboring again, he WOULD try to stop the labor with some alternative measures than what we did last week when my contractions started, but if my body didn't stabilize after those measures, he still would feel fine delivering the girls as is because of how they have been developing so far.
So, Mom, not sure if we should call you down right away if I start contracting again, or wait and see if we can get the labor to stop first and just have you on standby until we see what happens. You let me know what you want us to do.
As far as how I am doing, well, my comfort level has hit a wall. I don't want to whine too much because I am grateful and thankful for these three little babies, but MY BACK IS KILLING ME.
Okay, that's all the whining for now. :)
Thank you to everyone for your prayers; we appreciate each and every one of you immensely.
All my love,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Please call me anyway. I don't want to miss being there if you should deliver. The drive doesn't bother me. When we got home we discovered that our Internet service is down which for some reason is affecting my iPhone as well so I'm posting thus on your blog instead of emailing you.

    ReplyDelete