Thursday, October 29, 2009

Progress and All Kinds of Great Things!

We are making progress with the babies during the nighttime hours. We have started the babywise method and I am schedule feeding during the day and demand feeding at night. Brent gets up around 11 pm when the girls start getting restless and hungry and I do the 2 am and 5 am feedings as they demand. Well, last night, Brent woke me up at 12:45 am and said, "Did you get up and do the 11 o'clock feeding?" I said, "No, were they crying?" The girls were sound asleep. Wahoo!!! They dropped a feeding and made it from 8:30 pm until 1:00 am. AWESOME! While we were trying to figure out how long it had been since their last feeding we heard little whimpers over the baby monitor so we got up to feed. We put the babies back down in their cribs and I they didn't wake up again until 5:00 am. So another 3 and 1/2 hours! I fed them at 5 am and then started their schedule feeding at 8 am. We are moving down the road to sleeping through the night!
Also, this week, I got a new REFRIGERATOR! Brent said, "You know you are getting old when you get excited about a new fridge." :) Well, I may be old but my new fridge is AMAZING! Our old refrigerator was leaking water and about once a week I would walk into the kitchen at any time of the day or night and step straight into a pool of water on the floor. Brent spent the entire afternoon Saturday taking apart the old fridge to get to the root of the problem and he finally determined it was something that could not be fixed...meaning NEW FRIDGE FOR ME! Our old refrigerator was freezer on top and refrigerator space on bottom and I have always wanted the fridge on top and freezer on bottom. Plus, our old fridge was getting cramped from bottles and such and we really needed more space. Our new fridge is HUGE! Check it out!
Bottles and bottles lined up nicely on the top shelf...pitchers of formula ready to be dispensed on the bottom shelf...
Also this week our great friends, David and Pam McKown, welcomed their first child into the world. Matthew Ray McKown was born at 11:27 pm, Tuesday, October 27th, 2009. He weighs 7 lbs. 7 oz. and is 20 and 1/4 inches long. Such a handsome boy! Gran and Grandaddy came over last night to watch the girls so we could go visit the McKowns at the hospital. He's so precious! This is a picture of me holding Matthew...Jess, I poached this pic from your Facebook page...hope you don't mind. :) I can't wait for play dates where our girls can get to know Matthew. I still have friends to this day that I have known pretty much from birth and I know these babies will be the same way.

It has been a great week and it is only going to get better. We are taking the girls on their first trip to Grammy and Pop's house in Gunter, TX. This will be our trial run before our day after Thanksgiving trip to see the whole family. I already have a packing list a mile long and I haven't even started listing the things that Brent and I will need to take...you can imagine.

1 comment:

  1. Wow a clean frig! Praise God!!! And Matthew is precious! 2 months (almost) has flown by and I am so glad that the girls are starting to sleep more at night! Next thing you know they will be crawling!!

    ReplyDelete