Monday, July 13, 2009

Our Weekend

Yes, it is 12:30 am and I, of course, can't get to sleep. I spent some time looking for new books on Amazon for my Kindle but nothing is really appealing to me right now so I decided to blog about our weekend.

My wonderful mother came to visit this Saturday! With her she brought a ton of stuff for the babies. We got our car seats, triplet stroller and crib mattresses from Lone Star Baby in Frisco and mom brought a car-full of goodies with her on Saturday. She also brought the adorable bedding she has been working on over the past few weeks. I can't wait to see the nursery all put together and decorated! Jill, you have your work cut out for you. :) Here's a little sneak peak...the letters for each baby's name will be hung with cute ribbon over each crib. The paisley fabric is also used in the dust ruffles and the valance on the window.

While mom was here, Brent helped her get the dust ruffles and matresses in place on each of the cribs and hung the drapes Brent's mom was so sweet to make for us.

It is so funny the things new daddies latch onto when they are expecting a new baby, or babies. Out of all the adorable things mom brought with her on Saturday, the most exciting things for Brent were the car seats. I guess it is just like anything else in life for a man, if it has a manual, they are into it.

After mom headed back to Dallas Saturday evening, Brent spent his time in bed with me reading the Instruction and Safety manuel for the car seats. How to install them, what all the buttons, bells and whistles will do, etc...etc. He put one of the car seats on the bed so he could show me everything about it. When he was finally finished for the night, he lined the car seats up on the floor in the living room. He would just walk by and smile at them throughout the day Sunday. I thought it was so cute this evening, when he said, "I am going to go outside and install the bases in my truck so we can see what they are going to look like..." with that excited look in his eye. When he was finished, I took the short walk outside to check it out. It's a packed backseat, but very cute to see his truck all daddied out.

We then went over logistically the best way to load the babies into the car, seats first, then babies, or babies into their seats, then into the car? It is all very strategic, it has to be when we are having three. When we agreed on the best possible strategy, I went back inside to lay down and Brent went to work un-installing the bases.
I can't wait to see what he finds to be the most exciting thing next! My prediction is the baby monitor.



No comments:

Post a Comment