Monday, July 13, 2009

Appointment today

Our appointment this afternoon with Dr. Beaird went very well. My cervical length is a little bit better than last Wednesday. So we have seen improvement, but to err on the side of caution, Dr. Beaird would like to start seeing me every week. Our next appointment with him will be next Wednesday, July 22nd at 10:30 am. At this next appointment, I will have to do the glucose test for gestational diabetes. So I will have to drink the sugary drink when we get there, have our regular check-up with Dr. Beaird and then after an hour they will draw my blood to test for diabetes. I am praying the results from that test are negative, one less thing to worry about.
Dr. Beaird also told us that even though he has me on reduced activity bed rest, he would still like us to call for an appointment to get a tour of the new Hillcrest Women's and Children's Center and the new NICU and possibly to meet Dr. Wheeler, a neonatologist and the director of the NICU. I am looking forward to that! I was afraid we wouldn't get to see the new hospital before we delivered there.

No comments:

Post a Comment