Sunday, May 9, 2010

Meeting Grand Mimi

On Saturday, we took the girls to meet their Grand Mimi. Mimi is my maternal grandmother, Wilma Slater. She lives in a nursing home very close to my parents' house in Gunter, TX. This was the first time she has seen the girls since they were born and it was so great to see her in awe of them. I know if she could express in words what she is thinking she would have told me how amazing they are and how much she loves them. I said, "Mimi, these are all MY babies...I had all 3 at one time! Can you believe it?!" She stared at me and replied, "You're kidding." It was hilarious. No Mimi, not kidding. ;) Mimi was able to repeat their names and tell them they are sweet and that was plently for me. She was smiling and staring at them and I know she was happy.
I had a fantastic first Mother's Day today. I got to spend it with my family and my sweet girls. We took the girls to church and had a great lunch with my parents and sister, Mandy. On our way home, we stopped to see Gran and Grandaddy and the girls' Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle Adam and have dinner. We had a full day and the girls are completely crashed out. :)

1 comment: