Sunday, March 7, 2010

6 Month Update

Friday was the girls' 6 month checkup. Everyone is doing great and growing like weeds!
Here are their stats:
Baylee - 16 lbs. and 25 1/2 inches long

Addison - 16.2 lbs and 25 1/2 inches long

Reagan - 16.3 lbs and 26 inches long

The girls received all of their 6 month shots, a heel stick blood draw to check for anemia and an oral vaccine for Rotovirus. Ouch! Not fun. I think the Rotovirus really did Reagan in. She started having diarrhea immediately after her appointment and it has continued through the weekend. She also spiked a fever of 102.3 after her morning nap on Saturday. She was miserable. I gave her some Tylenol and stripped her down to her diaper and rocked her all afternoon so she would sleep. Her fever came down but her mood didn't improve until later that evening. She is happy today, but can't seem to get rid of that diarrhea.

Grammy came down to help me take the girls to their appointment and after their appointment, we headed to Grammy and Pop's house in Gunter for the weekend. I was planning on going to Brent's cousin's baby shower on Saturday in Plano and Brent was going to come up after work so he could attend his future brother-in-law's bachelor party on Saturday night in Dallas. I didn't make it to the shower since Reagan got sick and I couldn't bear to leave Grammy with one very sick baby and two other babies to care for by herself. Other than Reagan being very sick, we had a great weekend in Gunter.

We headed back home early this morning, and for those of you that wonder what we go through when we have to travel...this video is a little taste of what it is like for us.

***(To get the full effect of this video, scroll to the bottom of this page and hit the Pause button on my Playlist. This will pause the music and allow you to hear the sound in the video. Enjoy!)***

This was after we had already stopped twice, once to calm crying babies and change Reagan's diaper, and the second time we stopped to feed everyone. They wouldn't eat much, so we got back on the road and the screaming began. They just can't handle being in their car seats for more than 2 hours tops. Brent and I resorted to turning up 90's on 9 and singing at the top of our lungs after the Traveling Melodies CD failed to calm them down. They eventually settled down, but it was tough for about 45 minutes. We made it home and the girls had a great 2 and 1/2 hour afternoon nap. :) Their next out of town trip will in two weeks for their Aunt Elizabeth's wedding.

1 comment:

  1. I know how difficult it is, but you guys handle things so calmly! And Grammy and Pop were so glad to see our little girls. We'll be anxious to see them again at the wedding.