Sunday, March 14, 2010

Am I Crazy?

I asked Brent as we got back into the car this afternoon, "Am I crazy?" His answer was simple..."Yes."
I decided I wanted some professional pictures of the girls at 6 months old. I wanted something that looked decent and wouldn't cost us an arm and a leg to get a few prints to hand out to family.
Last week I got a coupon in the mail from Sears Portrait Studio and I thought, perfect! I ran it by Brent and set up an appointment for this Sunday afternoon during the girls' afternoon awake time. I figured it would be tight, but that we could handle it. I just really wanted some professional pics of the girls at various milestones and 6 months seemed like enough time since our last photo shoot.
We got the girls up and loaded them in the car and headed to Sears. Gran met us there to help wrangle babies. :) Thanks Gran! We couldn't have done it alone!
All was going well, until we actually got to the studio. The weather outside has gotten very nice, low 70's for our high, but it was HOT AS BLAZES in that dang studio. I swear, we were sweating from the minute we stepped into that place. And the poor girls, Addie and Reagan have their mother's skin tone, which I got mostly from my Dad, their Pop. Their little cheeks turned bright red because they were so hot. When we finally left Sears, Brent said, "Addie and Reagan looked just like your Dad." He tends to get red cheeks if he is hot or red faced if he is really pissed. ;)
Because it was so hot, our usual smiling babies did not want to smile much. They looked miserable. And we had a really hard time just getting Baylee to stop crying for a decent photo.
When all was said and done, and done really quickly, I think we were in there a total of 20 minutes, we then had to pick out the "package" we wanted. And of course, the coupon I had for the really great price was an all or nothing deal. You couldn't add on a la cart items and get the same price for the package. I had been duped. So we ended up getting their cheapest package and then getting the CD of the images so I can print them or post them or whatever I want.
So, we have decided, we won't be doing that again any time soon. I have decided I would rather pay a friend or friend of a friend that takes pictures as a hobby to come shoot our girls for their 1 year pictures, than spend our time doing that again. If you know of anyone, leave me a comment or send me an e-mail. michelleannhuse@gmail.com I just want a few good pics that I don't have to pay hundreds of dollars for, is that too much to ask?
Here is what we ended up with...and yes, immediate family, you will get a copy of the family pic. :)
Family of 5
Addison at 6 months old

Reagan at 6 months old

Baylee at 6 months old


No comments:

Post a Comment