Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

This is Brent's last Father's Day before he becomes a daddy to three sweet little daddy's girls. Brent is going to be the best daddy and here are a few reasons why I think so.
1. He is the most self-less person I have ever met - He is willing to help anyone with anything at any time. He is constantly asking me if I need anything, even before I was pregnant. If I ever asked him to, he would wake up in the middle of the night and drive 30 miles to get me a milkshake, if I ever asked him to. I know his number one priority in life will be me and our three little girls.
2. He is so smart - When our girls are in the stage where they are asking "What is that?" or "Why, Daddy?" he will always have an answer that they can believe in.
3. He is a fierce protector - Dating...I can't wait to see how he reacts to our girls going on dates or having an interest in boys.
4. He can build or fix anything - If we buy a 1,000 part dollhouse for Christmas, he can have it assembled in one evening and ready for Christmas morning. If something breaks, he is on it. Tree house? Piece of cake.
5. He will be just as much of a caretaker as I will be - If I am up in the middle of the night, he will be too. If a diaper needs to be changed, or two, or three, he will change them with a smile on his face. He will be an equal participant in all things baby and be happy to do it.
6. He is the best listener - Even when I think he isn't listening to me I will ask, "Are you paying attention?" His response is always, "Yes, honey." My reply is always, "What did I just say?" and he will repeat everything I just said verbatim. Our girls will always know that their Daddy will be there to listen to anything they have to say.

Happy Not-Yet-A-Father's-Day honey! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment